There are settings available for the Auto Links feature.
- Go to “TaxoPress” and then “Auto Links” in your WordPress admin menu.
These are the important settings for each example of Auto Links:
- Title: This is only for your use in the WordPress admin area.
- Taxonomy: Choose which taxonomy terms will be linked.
- Auto Link case: This enables you to be consistent in your use of uppercase and lowercase.
- Auto Link areas: Choose which areas of the content will have links.
- Auto Link title attribute: This will appear when users hover over links.
- Don’t add links for attached content: This can help avoid an over-use of links for some terms.
- Don’t add links for attached terms: This can help prevent duplication of links.
TaxoPress will attempt to automatically put Auto Links in your chosen content. It may not be successful for all post types and layouts.
These options allow you to set maximum limits for how often Auto Links will appear in your content. It also allows you to choose terms of a minimum and maximum length.
In this area, you can exclude specific terms from being linked, and you can also stop Auto Links from working inside a wide range of HTML elements. We’ve defined 9 default elements from H1 and H2 to
code. You can also add your own custom classes and IDs.
This area contains more complex options that only need to be modified if Auto Links is not working for you.