Table of Contents
TaxoPress Pro can automatically add terms to existing content. This allows you to add terms to content that was previously created without any current terms.
- Go to TaxoPress > Auto Terms.
- Either edit an existing setup or create a new Auto Terms setup.
- Choose the options you need and click “Save Auto Terms”.
- Click “Add Auto Terms to existing content”.
- You will now see a progress bar showing the terms being added.
If you realize you made a mistake adding any terms, you can use other TaxoPress features such as Remove Terms or Delete Terms to clean up the terms.
Safeguards for Large Sites #
If you have a large site (for example, over 50,000 posts) and want to use Auto Terms, we provide some safeguards to help you analyze so much content successfully. These will prevent timeouts if you’re trying to process a lot of content or using an underpowered server.
As you saw in the previous image, the “Existing Content” tab has the following four safeguards:
- Exclude previously analyzed content: Once a post has been analyzed it will not be analyzed again. This stops the “Existing Content” from repeatedly checking the same posts.
- Limit per batches: This enables you to add Auto Terms to content in batches. If you have a lot of content, set this to a lower number to avoid timeouts.
- Batches wait time: This is the wait time (in seconds) between processing batches of Auto Terms. If you have a lot of content, set this to a higher number to avoid timeouts.
- Limit Auto Terms, based on published date: This setting allows you to add Auto Terms only to recent content.