Auto Terms is a TaxoPress feature that can analyze your posts and add relevant terms. This can be very useful if you are automatically importing content to WordPress.
Here are some typical scenarios for TaxoPress customers:
- “I'm importing posts via the WordPress API.”
- “My goal is to automatically categorize items that are imported via a datafeed”
- “Can I add terms when I insert the products in WooCommerce through the WC API?”
TaxoPress Pro allows you to schedule the Auto Terms feature to run either hourly or daily. TaxoPress Pro users will see a “Schedule” tab, as you scan see in the screenshot below. This is really useful if you're regularly importing new posts.
The “Schedule” feature will create a cron event in your site. You can see these events using a plugin such as “WP Crontrol”. This screenshot below shows both cron events that are possible with TaxoPress:
The “Schedule” tab has several safeguards that you can configure.
- Exclude previously analyzed content: This enables you to skip posts that have already been analyzed by the Schedule feature. I recommend checking this box unless you are also automatically updating old content. Checking this box will reduce the load on your server.
- Limit per batches: This enables you to add Auto Terms to content in batches. If you have a lot of content, set this to a lower number to avoid timeouts.
- Batches wait time: This is the wait time (in seconds) between processing batches of Auto Terms. If you have a lot of content, set this to a higher number to avoid timeouts.
- Limit Auto Terms, based on published date: This setting allows you to add Auto Terms only to recent content. For example, if you import content daily, you might set this to “24 hours ago”. If you import content weekly, you might set this to “7 days ago”.