TaxoPress has a feature which can analyze your content and automatically create new terms. This is very useful for anyone who creates a lot of content, such as community sites with bbPress.
This feature can work with any taxonomy and post type, including bbPress Topics.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to automatically create “Topics Tags” for bbPress topics.
- Install TaxoPress Pro. This feature does require the Pro version of TaxoPress.
- Go to “TaxoPress” then “Auto Terms” in your WordPress menu.
- Edit an Auto Terms entry.
- In the “Taxonomy” dropdown, choose “Topic Tags”.
- In the “Post Types” area, choose “Topics”.
- Click the “Sources” tab.
On this screen, you can choose from these three options:
- Existing taxonomy terms: This will add existing terms from the taxonomy you just selected.
- Dandelion: This can create new terms. Check the box and follow the documentation.
- Open Calais: This can create new terms. Check the box and follow the documentation.
- Click “Save Auto Terms” when you’re done.
- Go and create a new bbPress topic. In the next screenshot, you can see an example with a bbPress topic In this example, TaxoPress has scanned a new bbPress topic and automatically added the “Topic Tags”. This example was using the “Dandelion” option.